Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

People: Meaghan Lingo

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a rival of sorts, Meaghan Lingo. Meaghan, I first met you going to a dinner's for 8, when you were kind enough to give me a ride to the Woods' house. And then it took you about a half hour to parallel park your car when coming home. That is where our friendship began and it carried strong through two years, Lingo. Propelled mostly through our ever-present board game rivalry, your friendship with me did not go unnoticed and was not unappreciated. We played every board game under the sun it seemed like, and I am thankful that in 'Sorry', we finally found a game that was often even. I Loved going into your apartment on the weekends and spending 5+ hours just playing board games. That aspect of my life is essentially gone now, and I miss it so. You were always so kind to me during those games, and were always laughing at my jokes and at the same time had an honest interest in what was going on in my life. I appreciate that immensely, Lingo. Hanging out in your apartment and even going to countless surprise birthday parties there, including your 1 republic themed party, was a source of refuge for me, and I do appreciate it. Ultimately Lingo, you showed me what it was to be a big sister and what being faithful in leading a bible study looked like, never ceasing throughout the highs and lows, you were someone who continually sought God through it all. Rain or shine our rivalry persisted and I appreciated how I could be competitive with you and it would not offend either of us. We were also able to bring people into our friendship very well, an example of what being a good steward looks like and I am thankful for that. I guess what I have to say most is thank you for being an example of an older sister for me, and for Loving me uniquely. I pray that God continues to bless your efforts and places you into the perfect community that needs you for His divine plan for you. Something that I have never told you: Playing games with you was one of the reasons I so looked forward to the weekends. It was always a good start for me, even in my inability to really be able to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment