Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 11, 2013

People: Mango Black

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my baby face, Mango Black. Mango, I first met you last year after hearing so much about you from Trevor. You have been a steadying force in my life ever since. What is more, you have been a steadying force in the life of people around me. You have shown a willingness to be open and a willingness to grow, a beautiful characteristic that a lot of people do not have. I actually respect you a lot because you know that you are not perfect and are willing to change. Some people consider themselves perfect. You know you are not. One of my favorite things about you also is that although you are vocal with things that you do not want to do or things that get on your nerve, you will still endure them and do them if they will lead you to Love people. Tea Time with you has always been and was always absolutely amazing. Getting together with you to just laugh and enjoy each other's company every week was positively wonderful. You are going to be a great man, that much I know. You are one of the most Loved people that I know, and as only a second year, that is quite a claim. You know it too and you are more than willing to use that Love to give back to other people. I think that you have a hell of a value system and a great upbringing. Ultimately, Mango, you and I have not always agreed about everything and we have not always professed to, but our Love for each other goes beyond that and covers over our differences. Our relationship has always been beautiful and I know that it will continue to be. I pray that God moves in you always, always comforting you through the difficult times, because there will be many. I also pray that you would be assured that there will be many difficult times but that serving and Loving God despite and even in spite of that has such a reward in it. Finally, I pray that God continues to use you in the ways that He knows how when you are here and even beyond. Something that I have never told you: Although I have often joked with you about your interests and some other things about you, I actually Love you quite a lot and I think that we have a special type of Love for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment