Total Pageviews

Friday, April 12, 2013

People: Robert Bustamante

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about one of the most encouraging people I know, Robert Bustamante. Robby, you are one of my favorite people that i have ever met, obviously. You have always encouraged me, not just when you see me, but with your words and even in the way you play basketball, your emphasis is on other people. I think that there are few people like you in this world, Robby, the way that you subtly and powerfully pursue people, and I am no exception. It is amazing the way that you Love people uniquely. I cannot recall where or how I first met you, but however and whyever, I am incredibly thankful that I have had the true privilege of being your friend throughout these past few years. Whenever I went to Jesus Burgers, you were there, and to be honest that is one of the things, the fact of your presence, that kept me going even when I desired not to. When a part of my body hurt at one point you gave me an ice pack, and that sort of intense selflessness really defines who you are, Robby. You are a man of the utmost character, always putting others first in such a representation of Christ. To me you always encouraged me in super unique and incredibly needed ways. You showed Love in the way that for years you replied to me and you really were a friend to me. There is just something about you such that people just enjoy spending time with you, enjoy being around you, at least I do. And you obliged me so often, and so often I needed your Love. It is a Love that has always been so palpable and I never once had to question the way that you felt about me, it was always more than apparent based on the way that you acted. Man, I think that the biggest thing that i have to say about you is how much of an utter and sheer encouragement you have been to me throughout my few years here in college. It has always been a blessing and never been anything less. You, Robby, are a special type of blessing. I pray that God continues to heal your body and fill you with His spirit emotionally and spiritually. I also pray that Christ continues to fulfill his purposes in and through you. Something that I have never told you: There is one time when you honestly asked how I was and I said that I struggled to see myself as a leader. You replied that you found that surprising because I am such a leader. That subtle reply did more for me than you have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment