Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

People: Chloe Reichert

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a tall woman, Chloe Reichert. Chloe, I have known you for a while now, just about three years. You are someone who has been in my life in one way or another over the past few years. This year however, we really have had the grace of a deepened and more Loving relationship. This year especially, I have had no qualms calling you a sister and walking through vital parts of life with you. My first real memory of you, bringing you water when you were coughing during spring focus a few years back, has set the tone of our relationship, always spurring one another on towards Love and good deeds. I have not always been a brother to you in the ilk of Christ, but I feel like this year I have been much better at being an actual brother to you. Chlo, you have been a sister to me, and I appreciate that a lot. You have been someone that I have been able to confide in and I am able to not have any insecurity in our friendship, which is something that I have not beel able to say for a lot of people. You have readily accepted me, and especially this year, have been willing to show Love and make sure that I am not overwhelmed, even if you do not know it. I really do not have enough words to say to you, Chlo because you have just been a sister to me in the most literal sense of the word. You lead a bible study this year, but for years have impacted people in Real Life more so than I will ever really know. You are perhaps the most Loved person that I know, evidenced by your recent birthday which people came out by the truckloads to celebrate, an example of the fact that people really truly Love you so much. I think that God has some major plans for you, Chlo, and I have no doubt that He will continue to transform and sanctify you, because it is clear that He has done so throughout college already. Ultimately, you have impacted so many in college, Chloe, throughout difficult and easy times you have been an example of persistence and trusting in God through weakness. I am very thankful for the relationship that we share and the level of depth that our friendship holds. I pray that God makes you into a mature woman of God who follows God's voice in all things. I pray also that God takes you to a place where you care most about eternal things. Something that I have never told you: I do think that in the past I have not been a very good brother to you, and for that I am sorry. I also think that it was grace getting to see how God grew you through leading community team.

No comments:

Post a Comment