Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 18, 2013

People: LIndsey Hicklen

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my domestic Partner, Lindsey Hicklen. Lindsey, where do I even begin. I met you through Matt near the beginning of my sophomore year and you were immediately different than any other man that I have ever met (and likely ever will). I cannot ever hope to properly even begin to express how much I utterly Love you. You care about me better than anybody else does because you know me better than anybody else does. You push me to be a better man, but you recognize fully the man that I am. We have not always agreed on everything because we have each grown and changed very very much in the few years that we have known each other, but our Love has been able to so totally cover up where we do not agree. You are very easily one of my best friends that I will ever have in the world. You have always pursued me so totally and consistently. You do something that so few others do or have done for me: you cook for me. You have always been someone to give me relief when I get so tired and exhausted from being with and pouring out into people. You have always demanded openness, which is perfect because that is what I have always wanted to give. We have very aligned values and you are a person who pursues people like I do, and even better than I do. You are someone that I can be quiet with and just sit with shooting the shit or watching the office or anything in between. You are willing to engage with me in the things that I enjoy and I am more than willing and even enjoy participating in the things that you enjoy. You have taught me more things than I could ever count and I never imagined when coming to this school that I would meet anybody else who is as poor as I am. Surrounded by people who are so affluent and thus cannot really understand me truly. However, you understand me, what makes me tick and what makes sense about me. You have showed me such a palpable glimpse, and more so, of what actually, practically serving Jesus, living like He said, and actually practically Loving people looks like. Nobody else has shown me so much with their life of what Loving Jesus looks like. I can confide anything in you, and your lifestyle makes so much sense to me. I Love you so much that when you do not make sense to others, I understand you. When others do not know why I am frustrated, a single look will tell you everything. Indeed, we have had entire conversations without ever speaking to each other. You were there for me when I could not bare to go home, when I needed to vent about people, and you lived with me during the greatest summer of my life. You have always been there to support me provisionally, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, and in every way imaginable. Linds, you mean the absolute world to me, and this is but a small glimpse of that. I pray simply that you continue to Love God in His entirety and not just a portrait of Him. I also pray that God gives me the grace of having you in my life forever because I do not know what I would do otherwise. Something that I have never told you: There's not much and you probably have expected this already, but I pray for you a lot more than you know. That just really reflects how close you are, but that is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment