Total Pageviews

Monday, April 8, 2013

People: Frisco Miranda

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man that I have the privilege to know, Frisco Miranda. Frisky, I first got to know you when i invited you over for dinner last year. I had only heard good things about you, and those can now all be confirmed by me. You are someone who Loves God's Word so very much, in a way that has inspired me to take my faith more seriously in my life. It really has been such grace knowing you and growing mutually together. You are a man who knows what he believes in, who knows what is important and what is less important, and a man that at least to a good extent has his priorities straight. More than that though, you have showed a lot of Love to me in a variety of ways. First and foremost, you have given me a ride to church countless times and to numerous other events. One of the easiest ways to show Love to me is to just simply give me rides when I need them, and you have always been so apt and willing to do so, and that has impacted me more than I can say. I Love just spending time with you because you enjoy having fun but you also Love Jesus so much and are so interested in actively engaging in conversations wherein He is the main subject. That faith of yours is so secure and it is refreshing to be able to call you a man in the truest sense. There have also been countless nights when I have just sat with you and Ruby without the slightest inclination of condemnation of of exclusion. You have bought me meals and showed me what it is to chase after God harder than you thought you knew how. You pursue people who do not know Jesus so much better than I do, and it is clear that you honestly care about what is best for people in your life. Truth be told you, I definitely consider you a brother of mine, truly and in a beautiful sense of the word. I have never necessarily felt worthy of your friendship, but you have done your best to continue to show me that I am valuable and that my input is worthwhile. That is worth more than I could ever say. I also so value your openness with me and the ability to be open with you. I pray that God continues to push you toward Him and remind you of the greatest thing in Life: a life with Him. I also pray that you are able to discern His voice as best you know how for the duration of your life. Something that I have never told you: for a long while I was somewhat intimidated by your faith. I realize in retrospect that that was because of errors in my own character, and now it encourages me.

No comments:

Post a Comment