Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

People: Jon and Jennie Hannon

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a married couple, Jon and Jennie Hannon. Jon, it has been a true pleasure getting to know you these past few years. Although I do not feel as though we had something to talk about, since you started law school, and I have matured, you have been one of my favorite people to talk with. You actually enjoy talking with me about philosophy and that has been a real treat for me over the past year. Being in Jordan's wedding with you was also a real treat, and you are someone that I have grown to respect in many ways and for many reasons. Your Love for Christ, and commitment to Him is so obvious and palpable, you always readily giving advice and sage council. You have this subtle way of Loving people about you, this subtle sense of humor that actually always made me laugh quite a bit. Additionally, you probably had more impact on my life than I realize, always pouring in to Jordan who always poured into me. You are a strong man who knows what you believe and that confidence has been an encouragement to me. Jennnie, you are a one of a kind person. Someone who has so much Love in her heart and someone who just simply exudes joy. It is a pleasure to know you and every interaction with you ever results in positive emotions. ou just have this encouraging way about you, Jennie, and you are one of the most encouraging people that I have met in my life, always encouraging me yet never having an obligation to. You probably do not remember me way back freshmen year, but even then there was something alluring about you that led me to sit near you in Real Life. You were also always so real the few times that I got to see you speak in front of Real Life, being so transparent and that it extremely rare and graceful. Please continue to be who you are, Jennie, that short little bundle of joy. You and your husband have blessed me so much with your presence and continue to do so every time that God gives me the grace of seeing you two. You are a gem of a person, Jennie, so thoughtful and caring, not just in the way that you treat me, but in every story that I have heard about you. I pray that God continues to bless you two and bless others through you. I pray that He continues to grow each of your hearts for Him, and lead you to do the wonderful, amazing things that I know He has planned for you two. Something that I have never told you two: I was not enamored with Real Life when I first started going. You two were definitely reasons why I decided to stay and get more involved, as I resonated with John's story and Jennie's realness.

No comments:

Post a Comment