Total Pageviews

Friday, April 26, 2013

People: Jacob Bergam

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man not defined by his brother, Jacob Bergam. Iceberg, you are one heck of a freshman. I still remember when I first met you the night of the starbucks social, and I have cherished our relationship ever since. It has been so great to have you as a friend, and we have the type of relationship such that no matter how long we go between hanging out with each other, it is as if we did not skip a day. You are someone who knows what he believes and is confident therein, and I respect that so much. You have showed much Love to me in how you have been a friend to me despite not really having any obligation to. We have always made time for each other, and you are the type of person that no matter what people always feel as though they are your best friend when you are around. You have a candor about you, and I am so excited that our friendship gets to persist beyond next year and I have no doubt that it is a lifelong relationship that he have endeavored to be a part of. You are someone that I can honestly see myself being friends with and having a relationship with for my entire life and having no regrets about it. Maybe that sounds crazy, but you are that type of man in my life. You have shown that you are not afraid to Love and not afraid to be honest with me, and that is all that I ask in a friend. You have also been someone whith whom I can be honest, and as I think back on our relationship, there are many beautiful times that come to my mind. I frequently miss you when I do not see you much, and I always want to see you more. I am so very thankful for you and although I have only known you for less than a year, it feels as though it has been quite a bit longer. I pray that God breaks you, that He continues to break you of all of your sinful habits and transforms and sanctifies you into even more of a man who looks even more like Jesus than you do now. Something that I have never told you: I am always praying for our relationship, praying that it is continually fostered by Christ, and you are one of the few people that I have felt like I have not had enough Love for.

No comments:

Post a Comment