Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 6, 2013

People: Jake Whitehead

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my favorite kilt-wearing Scotsman, Jake Whitehead. Jake, I do not remember first meeting you, but I do remember first seeing you at Real Life with your distinct facial hair. However, most of this post will be about last year, wherein we lead a bible study together. I think that you are an amazing man, and I do not use the word 'man' lightly. You have such integrity and spiritual strength to you. But more specifically, you were very influential to my own personal life. I had the grace of getting to think back to our relationship when it came time for your wedding, and our relationship had so much beauty in it. We were very open with each other; we developed our friendship at a time when we were different ages and in somewhat different places in life, but we both devoted time to one another. I Loved you severely and you Loved me right back. Although I felt like we lead a heck of a bible study together and were readily inviting others to partake in the relationship that we shared, I think one of the most beautiful things about us is that we always made time for Jake and Cody. Whether it was cooking (very extravagant meals) together, all of our many walks to and from bible study, planning study, having similar passions (teaching men how to be men and taking responsibility and owning up to it), or just spending time together on the weekends being silly, we lived life together, and that is something that is so very done well. I think it is very beautiful that we did that with each other, always pursuing each other to pursue others. I firmly believe that your steadiness really helped spur on the faithfulness that we enjoyed from our freshmen dudes in bible study last year. Having you to lean on as a co-leader and as a friend was so good. Jake, I am so very thankful to call you friend and to have called you a friend and to have been your groomsman. I pray that God blesses your marriage and continues to give you purpose in your life. I also pray that as you seek to know Him more, that you are lead more into the depths of His heart. Something that I have never told you: You were one of the few people that I could be really open with last year, and I definitely experienced the grace of being able to be super open with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment