Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

People: Derek Bluett

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This is another post about a married man, Derek Bluett. D-Blue, I remember my first memory of really talking with you was at men's retreat my sophomore year. You are a man who is so Loving and always was to me. I never had to wonder if you actually cared about me, that was evident from the way that you lived your life and acted towards me. Even if you never ever told me you loved me, you said it with more than words. You pursued me as a man and always treated me as nothing less. Although I have always been fairly substantially immature, you Loved me no less, ever, through my sin and failures, and you always made time for me. I just enjoyed our long talks that took place on a regular basis, about life and what we were going through and experiencing. You were always open and honest with me, and that is a prerequisite for someone whom I am going to consider a good friend. You Loved me and pursued me, always making time for me. But what is more, you actually challenged me. I remember one time I brought to you how I was struggling with feeling emotions and it was weighing on me, and you asked me if God was any less good just because I could not feel Him. It was quite convicting and helped shape the way that I see God and discuss about Him with people. Another one of my favorite memories of you was when we went and got calzones at pasta house with Garrett one night. It was pretty late, but you had agreed to hang out, and so you made time for me. I've never had to wonder about your devotion and you were always a strong presence in my life ever since I got to know you. These things have deep, lasting impacts on me, more so than you probably know. It was also a joy to be a part of your engagement and later be able to go to your wedding. I have loved celebrating these things with you, and it was always encouraging to me how devoted you were to people and how you were ok doing things in a way that was a little different from the way that most other people did things. I am a big fan of yours and I am excited for wherever God takes you in your life. I pray that He continues to bless your marriage and that you see Christ in it and that it is a pristine example of God's relationship with the church. I also pray that you continue to have community. Something that I have never told you: I think that you are destined for greatness, Derek. You are a storehouse of potential and I encourage you to continue to let God transform you in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment