Total Pageviews

Monday, April 1, 2013

People: Katie Klezek

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about that crazy, small woman, Katie Klezek. Katie, I have known you for what seems like forever. Our friendship has ebbed and flowed throughout college, but I can say with a very high amount of truth and certainty that it has been a real honor and privilege being your friend. You have always been one of my favorites to talk with because there is just a certain amount of grace in even just talking with you. I respect you a lot more than I do a lot of other women, and I think that you are a pillar of maturity. You showed a lot of Love to me freshmen year in the way that despite my lack of desire to pursue Christian community, you encouraged me to get involved with your actions. You were always someone whom I viewed as being in the 'in' in Real Life, and yet you were not exclusive at all at the time. That is something that was so foreign and encouraging to me. When I think about if women who are not involved in Real Life are going to feel Loved when they go, you are one of he women that my mind floats to. I view you as a woman, Klez. Sophomore year it was a real treat getting to know you better and seeing how you even pursued so many women and allowed them to feel Loved. Being your neighbor this year has been such an element grace in my life in the way that I have been able to just talk with you many times and get to knwo how your heart reflects Christ's heart. It is something that is so interesting to me, Klez because for the past three years I have essentially forsook quality friendships with women in order to so vehemently guard their hearts but being able to open up a little bit with you has been nothing short of refreshing. When I look back upon our friendship over the past few years, I really do see a lot of grace and beauty in it, and that is not something that I can say for many women, but despite whatever happens and what tremors may afflict our friendship I see a steady amount of grace and forgiveness and ultimately Love between us. Thank you for how long we have known each other and for the way that you have pointed me to Christ as an sister. I pray that God gives you the grace of continued growth and the grace of being able to impact your family with the gospel and with Him. Something that I have never told you: You have been one of my closest female friends throughout college, and although, as I stated earlier, our relationship has gone through several ebbs and flows, you have been a sister to me throughout, Katie. Also, although I used to think you were one of the least genuine people that I knew, now I understand that you are actually one of the most genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment