Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

People: Chasen Rogers

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my bible study co-leader, Chasen Rogers. Chasen, I remember first seeing you in Real Life; you were seen as the epitome of cool and in all honesty I did not know what all of the hoopla was about concerning you. I first thought, for two years, that you were not actually that loving of a person. However, over the past two years, that idea of you in my mind has dissolved quite a bit. You have showed a good deal of love to me this year in leading bible study this year, and in having you to lean on each and every tuesday evening. Even last year when you were my leader with Deebs, I thought you did as good of a job as you could handle. You have a very unique way of loving, Chasen, evidenced by last year's sprig focus when I came to your for prayer and completely wept in your arms. Really, you have always been to pray for me when I have had need of it and I really appreciate that so much. We have played basketball together on numerous occasions and it has always been to my treat. I understand now why people enjoy spending time with you so much and how there is just an allure to being around you. You are strong and a good listener and that's really what people want in a friend. Throughout the past couple years, and even all three, it was merely my sin that chastised you and it was never the Holy Spirit, and now I understand that more fully. You have been such a blessing to me over the past couple years, and it was definitely a move of Christ to put me in your bible study last year, even though you were one of the last people I wanted as a leader. You were always gracious to me, never getting angry at me that I had judged you, even sometimes vocally. Now, I understand that the way that you care about people is different than the way that I care about people, and there is nothing wrong with that. The fact of the matter is that you care for people. You have made an impact in my life these past few years, Chasen and have been a steadying force for me, barring through my sinful nature. And now we have been built up into a beautiful friendship and I only want it to continue. I pray that God will continue to allow us to cultivate our friendship and that He continues to lead you down the right path. I pray that you would know Him more fully every day and Love Him more always. Something that I have never told you: I think that you have a lot to offer and that people would be so blessed by you opening up to them. I think that you would also benefit a lot from really truly pursuing people. Chasen, I just Love you a lot, and I really very much appreciate how you have cared so much for me over the past few years. You are quite a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment