Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

People: Jonathan Beltran

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a vegetarian, Jonathan Beltran. Beltran, I do not recall first meeting you, but I know that it was sometime over summer. You chose to come to my bible study and you have been such a gigantic blessing to me in so many ways ever since. At one point, you were just a friend of Ty's who was going to be living at the plex, but you have been so much more than that to me. You have showed me what someone who is open looks like. I am someone who just despises it when people are less than forthright, and you have always been someone who has been open with the way you feel, you speak your mind, and it is all such grace for me to see. The way that you live your life is an encouragement for me, and you even call me out on things that it is necessary for me to be called out on, like not talking about myself enough, something that I never thought would be something to call someone on. You have an unashamed nature about you, and you are a man who knows what he believes and knows what he is called to. I have said from when I first got to know you until now that you have an amazing heart about you, a heart that beats for Jesus, and wants so desperately to know Him more. An instance of your beautiful character is as well your willingness to not take life too seriously. You like to have fun and be silly and you do that in your own way, and I love it. Discipling you has been nothing short of pure grace, as I have had the blessing of seeing God move and work in you first hand. You are also a man who Loves, and Loves well. I have learned so much of how to Love people and how to pursue through suffering from you. You have a confidence that I envy and that I wished so desperately that I possessed. There is also an elegance to the way that you do things. Most of all, it is so encouraging and refreshing to me to see someone that is committed to serving God and doing practically what Christ said, even if that often comes at a detriment to yourself. That is what serving Christ is all about, my friend. Beltran, please continue to be you. I pray that God continues to grow you in the way I know He desires you to and continues to make you into a man. I pray also that He continues to lead you closer into Him. Something that I have never told you: You are actually one of my favorite people to hang out with. You have always been open with me in discipleship and in life and I consider you a very respectable man that I very much Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment