Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 14, 2013

People: Chris Radford Weber

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man who means so much, Chris Weber. Chris, I met you one of the first days of summer project and at the time I had no idea that you would become one of my best friends. You will always have a special place in my heart, my friend. Our friendship was of a different sort; we truly Loved each other. You once asked to go on a walk and told me some of the gnarly stuff that you were going through. It was only then that we made the transition to best friend status, and I Loved every single minute of our relationship ever after that. You were a brother of mine on project. I had the joy of walking with you through some really tough times and you did the same. Sometimes we literally walked together, other times we took 4 hour naps, other times we would just hang out, but no matter what, I always felt as through I could tell you anything and everything. Chris, I could never hope to say what our friendship meant to me on project and what it still means to me even though we do not talk as often as I would like. You gave me an outlet for a heart that needs someone to intentionally Love and to be intentionally Loved. I remember reading your blog that mentioned me in it once you wrote it after project and it so confirmed the way that I felt about you. I really cannot speak enough to how much I needed you on project and how you were always there, accepting me even through my faults and failures. In my sin you still Loved me, in my failure you still accepted me, in my pain and spiritual attack you still pursued me. One of the times I have wept the most in my entire life is when I had to say goodbye to you that last morning of project. I stood there, weeping while hugging you, unable to bear the understanding that I would be unsure of the next time that I would see you. Rarely a day goes by, even now, that I do not think of you and wish that you could go to the same school as me or we could be roommates. I still thank God for you, my friend, and for the very lasting impact that you have had on my life. Thank you for being open with me on project and allowing me into your beautiful life. I pray that God continues to bring you closer and closer into Him and that He restores you to a place of peace and awe. Something that I have never told you: I always really miss you. No matter how much or how little we talk, you are ever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment