Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 11, 2013

People: Jeff Felker

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about the burger master, Jeff Felker. Jeff, I first met you at a starbucks social my sophomore year. We have gotten along and even been solid friends ever since. You have a very consistent way about you, Jeff, always leading people closer to Christ. You have shown me, believe me, what it is like to honestly care for and about people, not just about their well-being or about their physical nature, but having the grace of being around you a lot over the past few years has shown me what it looks like to really care about people as people. You have most definitely spurred me on toward Love and good deeds. At times I wondered, doubted, not my faith, but about the future, wondering if all of my striving and work for the Kingdom was for naught; your consistency and willingness to put in work even when it was difficult and everyone around you was quitting shouted a resounding 'no', to not quit. That is I think something that has defined you and continues to: a willingness to work and Love even when everyone around you does not, even when you wonder if they are getting the ame information because they certainly are not acting on it, you still Love, often even stronger. This year particularly I have had the grace of discipling you, and walking with you through incredibly tough times. I have always been someone who has been able to challenge you, and amazingly you have always stepped up to that challenge, but this year you have really been open to how I have lead you and how I have not. I do not think that life always feels easy for you, I think that it often feels hard, but you endure so well, my friend. You are a son of endurance. I encourage and implore you to continue to do so even when it seems difficult and even hopeless, know that you have a God, The God with you there, also suffering and walking. Ultimately, Jeff, you have been an encouragement with your openness, and I have always felt Loved from you and encouraged in you. You are a man who pursues people and pursues justice, Love, and peace. I pray that that would only continue and that you would continue to lean into God when the times are hard. You will not always feel golden, but I pray that God continues to help and comfort you when you are weak. Something that I have never told you: I think that God wants to give you joy. Sometimes I struggle with not knowing what to say to you or exactly how to say whatever it is, but you have still been encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment