Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

People: Half-Way There

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my half-way mark. I've officially written what I honestly think of 50 people and how 50 different people have impacted my life in college. I am halfway through to my goal of 100 and I have learned several valuable lessons and it has not looked quite like I thought that it would. There are still several that I have to do, many of which will not be easy, but I have the conviction to do so. One thing that I have learned is that when I write about other people, it much increases the frequency of people visiting my blog. I am not doing it for that reason, but I am thankful that people get to enjoy each other. One thing that I thought would happen more so than it has, I thought it would change my relationships. I thought that people would react to the information given and that it would either increase or in some way change the nature of the relationships. Truth is, that has happened a couple of times, and it has been beautiful when it has, but I do not think that the information really sticks with people past a certain very brief time. Maybe I'm wrong, but that is just what I see. If going by just the number of page views, then the most popular person that I have done so far is Katie Klezek, no contest. Another important lesson is that this is an incredibly and increasingly difficult undertaking. It seems like it took me forever to get to 50 and I did not forsee how busy I would be this spring quarter. I am still going to keep at it because it is something that I am passionate about and enjoy very much, and it has helped me come to my final realization: I Love people. Each of these people that I am writing about, thinking through their history as I Love them and understanding the deep relationships that God has blessed me with, it has helped me to really fall in Love with people all over again. Granted, nobody should think that I do not Love them if they do not show up in the next 50, I probably still do. Man, I Love each of these people so darn much and I am so thankful for each one and the impact that each one has had in my life. I honestly do not know what I would do without any of these people these past four years. ~Good Luck and Good Eats

1 comment:

  1. That's good to see your thoughts on this project. Keep on going. You are blessing a lot of people through it. :)

    ReplyDelete