Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 7, 2013

People: Meredith Cabaniss

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a yoga teacher, Meredith Cabaniss. Meredith, I honestly do not remember where I first met you or my first impression of you. However, I know now what I think of you and in looking back, it was clear to me that I had to include you. You are a woman who is extremely generous, much of the time at a detriment to yourself. You are encouraging and I see an honest desire within you to care for people, and that can only come from caring for people, if that makes sense. One of the times you impacted my life the most over the past four years is when you baked a cake for my birthday sophomore year. Honestly, I did not expect that and was so totally blessed by it. I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to bond with you over the years over baking and a mutual Love for people. This year I think that your character really showed through to me as I was given the grace of getting to know you better through being your neighbor; you readily bring me things that you have baked, you are so caring in the way that you care about your sister, and in the way that you pursue people in a very similar way to the way that I do. All of these things have quietly encouraged me to keep living the life that I am living and keep impacting people with and for the gospel. You are a woman, Meredith, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. The way that you worship God inspires me and I think that we have a lot of similar interests, understanding that this life is about eternal things and not about things that hold no value. Really, in my first three years, when I really wondered about who I was and about the life I lived, you were someone who always encouraged me in the way that you included me in so many things and from a very early time always made sure that I felt part of the family. Meredith, I appreciate that so very much. Ultimately, you have contributed to me feeling part of this community and a part of this Love. And this year I think that our friendship has been beautiful in the way that we have mutually spurred each other on towards Love and good deeds. I pray that God continues to give you passions for what He has passions for and that He gives you the desires of your heart. Something that I have never told you: I very much respect your values because I think they are aligned with mine very similarly. Not that that counts for anything, but it is what I see.

1 comment: