Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

People: Catherine Lieu

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a woman with a wonderful spirit, Catherine Lieu. Catherine, I have a very high opinion of you. You were always so kind to me and you were always such a bright light with your wonderful spirit and your constant encouragement. Your smile lights up a room and you have a staunch Love for God that is noticeable and lovely. Lovely is a very apt word to describe you. Seeing you always made me feel better about myself, and always lead me so much closer to Christ. You Loved people very palpably and you were someone who was always so devoted to Real Life and to making people feel Loved. You showed Love to this little sophomore kid who has such trouble feeling Loved at times and that went and continues to go so much further than you know and do so much more work than you could realize. You were a woman who was able to Love because she knew Love and was Loved. It was always such an encouragement to see you and I always felt like you wanted to know me for me and not for any small part of me but you wanted to know who I honestly was. That is a rare and beautiful quality. I hope that where ever you are living now you still have that beautiful spirit and the willingness to let Jesus transform and sanctify you so noticeably. You are for sure a light to wherever you are and I always felt as though you were destined for so much greatness. I am sad that I knew you for such short of a time span, but I am thankful for however long it was, and I thank God whenever I think of you now. Anyway, thank you for all of the things that make you you. I hope and pray that God gives me the grace of getting to see you sometime in the not too distant future. I pray also that He continues to use you as a light, as I know that He is, and that other people feel as loved and accepted by knowing you as I always did and always have. Something that I have never told you: I actually miss you a lot. I would lve to see you again because you did a lot in my life sophomore year.

1 comment:

  1. Cody, thanks for your kind words! I don't know if you realize how much of a blessing you are to the rest of us. Thanks for continually being so bold and honest and loving others through both your words and actions. Thanks for making time for others and I mean that to include writing these posts. Your words really really blessed me and made me miss you a lot, too!

    P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Thinking of you and praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete