Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2013

People: Adrian Gusland

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man with a most beautiful of voices, Adrian Gusland. Adrian, when I first met you you were a man who was super cool, universally acknowledged and I was just a wee freshmen. For a year I thought that you were someone who thought himself too cool to hang out with me. Then I got to know you and realized how incredible of a person you are. You are a man who pursued me in times when I have really needed it over the past couple years, and I respect and appreciate that so much. Adrian, you are a man with whom I have gotten along with so well and I respect so much for so many reasons. Not just for the way that you have treated me, but for the way that you continued to pursue the movement of Real Life even after you were done with your four years, I respect you. You always have wanted to know exactly how I am doing and for no other reason that you Love me and honestly care. Your honest care for me was so needed at so many times in my life. You have showed a willingness to be open with someone whom you have no obligation beyond Love to be open with. I believe that I have shared a special bond with you over the past couple years and there is just a warmness when I see you. Even though now it has been fewer and further between, there is still such a grace and Love in seeing you, always. I had the grace of getting to know you more last year and of getting to go to a bachelor party and wedding with you where we were able to grow and share laughs together. I guess one of the biggest things that has stuck out to me about you the past couple years is how you never had to develop a friendship with me, and it encourages me to do similar with younger guys. You did develop a friendship with me, and really the only way to account for that is that you honestly saw something inside of me that was beautiful and worth knowing. I Love you so much for that encouragement. I pray that God continues to shower his affection upon you and bless you in each of your daily endeavors. I also pray that God would give to you people who do for you what you have done for me. Something that I have never told you: Knowing you has been such grace to me over the past couple years, and as it stands right now, I actually see a lot of myself inside you, and I mean that as a compliment to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment