Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2013

People: Conner Cherland

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. I am not going to be able to say all that I want to about Conner Cherland. Conner, I freaking Love you more than I could ever hope to say. You are a member of my family in the truest sense. I first met you when you were baptized and I really did not know you well, but ever since we became neighbors I have Loved every moment with you. You always opened up your home to me, no matter what and at what times. I have never had need to be insecure around you because you have assured me of my position with you. You were an integral part of the best summer of my life, living with me, having pillow talk. Additionally, you were here for thanksgiving, gently being with me, and allowing me to be myself while still sleeping with me and being open. You have shown more Love to me than so many others in allowing me to be myself around you. I have had the grace of being able to live life with you over the past two years, and those years have been such a comfort when I have needed them. You are someone whom I can tell about my day-to-day life, and if need be, just sit and cry with. I could never hope to give to you as much as you have given to me over the past two years. Even when writing this, I feel differently than I do when writing anything else. I have prayed so many hours for you because God has placed in my heart so much Love for you. I'm working now on Loving you independently of anything that you have done for me, but for now, I Love you so much for what you have done for me, for the way that you have treated me, for the relationship that we enjoy with each other, for the way that I feel as at home in your home as I do anywhere else, for the way that there is no awkwardness between us even when I have nothing to say, for the freedom from fear when I have plenty to say, for the ability to be vulnerable with you. I honestly prayed for a friend like you for many years to God, and He gave me the grace of a man named Conner (you!). I have no fear that I am not a good person when I am with you, no fear that my passions are not worth it, no fear that God is not transforming me, no fear that people's beliefs about me are not warranted, no fear of anything really. That is so rare and I am so incredibly thankful for you for the ability and freedom to be myself around you. I thank you so much that you have opened up your life, heart, and home to me over the past two years, and you are a friend and brother of mine for my life. Every moment that I have ever spent with you I have cherished and you are someone who truly knows how to Love me. Again, I could say so much more but I want to make this a readable length. I pray that God would give me the grace of hopefully giving back to you a modicum of all that you have been able to give me. I also pray that He continues to show you Himself, in greater and greater pieces. Something that I have never told you (or perhaps just have not expressed properly): my only fear concerning you is that I have not been the type of friend that you have needed or warranted over the past two years. I always want to Love you more and one of the most pressing desires of my heart always is that God teaches and gives me the grace of showing me exactly how to Love you more. I Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment