Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

People: Freddy Hicks

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about that firey Red Head, Freddy Hicks. Freddy, I still remember when I first met you in bible study a few years back, and we went to Caje with Hiney. You were this goofy red head who was brand new to community and was a cock swain on the rowing team. You went MIA that spring quarter, but seeing you at the start of last year's fall quarter and seeing you fall in Love with community and with God was a huge encouragement to me. You were at a place where you were ready to really start pursuing God and you spurred so many people on towards a better relationship with Him. I still remember skyping with Hiney and telling him and being able to celebrate with him. We were able to live life together, even in the spring as we had lunch together every thursday. I was so stoked to be able to have a hand in your walk with Christ and seeing you grow so much more closer to His heart. As well, getting the joy of leading prayer with you over this last summer was such an example of God's grace in my life. It was a time in my life when I do not think that I would have been able to lead with anybody else, just based off of where I was at spiritually and emotionally, so when I learned that I got to lead with you I was so stoked. You are a man who respects me and I appreciate that so much. You constantly reaffirming me last year and the past few years has helped me in so many ways. I have thoroughly enjoyed living life and walking down the tough and the gracious times with you. This year it has been hard as you have been much less involved, but I want to encourage you to continue to press into Christ no matter what. If you do that then I will never have to worry about how much I see you or how much you seem to be doing. Ultimately, Freddy, thank you for being a force in my life and being open these past few years. Do not stop, please never stop being open and pursuing Christ. I care about your spiritual life first. I pray that no matter what you pursue Christ in everything, always putting Him first. I also pray that you are willing and able to sacrifice your heart and life in order that Christ may be glorified. Something that I never told you: When you first started coming to Real Life consistently and you would always hang around me, I tried to be scarce so that you would be more willing to meet others. I think that it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment