Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

People: Brendon Peacock

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about one my truly unique friends, Brendon Peacock. Brendon, I remember that I first met you at spring focus our sophomore year, and I saw you a bunch that weekend. Although you were gone for winter that year, I had the grace of getting to know you so well that year, and even got to lead bible study with you for part of the next. You are someone who's energy is infectious. Spending time with you has been so nourishing for my soul over the past three years. You are a great man with an amazing heart who is always seeking the good of others. You are an inspiration to me in the way that you pursue God with an shamelessness that I do not see very often, not caring about what others say or think, just pressing into your God. That is an encouragement to do the same. I Love the way that you get excited about things, and I need some of that for myself, as I often do not have the energy to get excited about things or the ability to do so, so to see you get so pumped on things is encouraging. We have shared quite a beautiful relationship over the past few years, replete with several long hugs and I have found so much grace in that relationship that I would not trade for anything. You always say what is on your mind and you do not care what others have to say about it. I envy your ability to do that. I always cherish every moment that I get with you, and no matter what, I am always uplifted so much when I see you and I get to spend time with you. There is a good amount of life in knowing you and in having the grace to spend time with you. I thank God so much, Brendon that I have had such a good relationship with you over the past few years, and no matter what I consider you such a close brother to me. Thank you for the way that You Love me and for the way that I have no doubt the way that you feel about me. I pray that God continues to move you in the direction that He wants you to go. I pray that He would only continue to sanctify you and lead you in His grace, allowing you to trust in Him all the while. Something that I have never told you: Your infectious energy has been more of a blessing to me than I could ever hope to express properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment