Total Pageviews

Monday, April 29, 2013

People: Daniel Philips

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about the man with a dozen nicknames, Daniel Philips. D-$, I first met you freshmen year at a joint bible study. I really got to know you the next year, and I have had the grace of knowing you throughout my time here at college really. One of the things that I really love a lot about you is that you are one of the few people that when you tell me that you are going to pray for me I honestly believe you without doubting. You are a man who has shown me so much of what it looks like to pursue people and to care about people despite pains or difficulties. We all have sins, but in you I have seen a willingness to grow and get closer to God, a breathtakingly refreshing quality. I have always been able to make you laugh and you are someone with whom it has been very easy to connect with over the years. You are encouraging and thought-provoking at the same time and you are a passionate man, something that I think most people are just starting to figure out about you. One amazing quality about you is that you care so much more about other people, and that is evident from the way that you live your life. You have always taken an interest in my life, the way that I feel about things, and the way that I perceive things and do life. That is so very rare and exceptional my friend. I have greatly appreciated our friendship and I have never had any reason to be insecure in it ever, and that is another fact that I appreciate. I have appreciated not only the way that you have encouraged me in my endeavors and taken an honest interest in them, but also for the way that you have poured into me and encouraged me in order that I am better equipped to accomplish God's purposes in my life. You really are concerned with me becoming the best me I can be and I am thankful that there is someone like that in my life. I pray that God continues to bless whatever ends your put your mind to. I also pray that He continues to pursue you and you Him. I pray that He continues to increasingly make you a man after His own heart. Something that I have never told you: I really honestly respect you a lot and think that you have been a big encouragement to this community over the past few years. You are someone that I have reason to look up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment