Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

People: Chris Comstock

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my campus director, Chris Comstock. Chris, I doubt you remember this but I first met you I believe my freshmen year and I admit that I was intimated to meet you. You were the campus director and I was just a freshmen who was on the outskirts of involvement and community. Throughout the years though you have always been so kind to me. You always take my ideas into account, no matter how outlandish or ludicrous they happen to be. You not only recognize what I do (although I try never to do it for that purpose) but you also encourage me to carry on and to endure when it gets hard. I have heard countless talks from you, and they are always so golden. You have an infectious laugh about you, and I Love that I can pretty much always get you to laugh. You have put me in unique positions of leadership at times, but always knowing how to use my strengths to put me in positions to best serve the kingdom of my God. For instance, you let me take the helm on BotA as a junior and let me lead summer project prayer as a sophomore. That speaks to an aspect of your character which is really quite beautiful I think, which is that you care more about the development of individuals than you do things and systems running totally correctly. You have a similar heart to what I have for this campus and that has allowed me to really strive under your tutelage, and I knowt hat you have influenced me a lot more than I even know because you have multiple times discipled, mentored, and poured into guys who have discipled, mentored, and poured into me. You are a one-of-a-kind campus director, and believe me when I say that I mean that in the very best way. It is clear to me that you honestly care about people coming to know God. You are a man who knows his own personal limitations, and does not let those limitations get in the way of things being accomplished. I thank you that although you have never really had to, you have Loved me very much in very many ways. I pray that God blesses your relationships, and continues to push you further from your comfort zone. I also pray that He continues to make you a light to so many. Something that I have never told you: I asked you for prayer via FB message freshmen year and your response being like it was despite you not knowing me at all really spoke volumes to your character.

No comments:

Post a Comment