Total Pageviews

Monday, April 15, 2013

People: Will Perschau

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man that I have only known for this year, Will Perschau. Will, I first met you over summer when you came with Ryan to visit SB. I can say with full authenticity that you are an amazing individual with a wonderful heart who has been a light and a constant breath of fresh air. I am not the only one who thinks that either. When I first met you you excited me, and unfortunately due to my own sin, there was a period where I was not as good of friends with you. Thankfully, God has given me the grace of seeing you as you are and it has been an absolutely beautiful ride. You have given me reason to Love and to be excited, but more than that you have challenged, encouraged, and spurred me on toward Love and good deeds always. You are really just a solid guy and an incredible friends who is a man of integrity and uprightness, more so than most. You have a quiet spirit in you that reminds me of my own, without trying to toot my own horn, you just have this way about you such that you are continually striving to better yourself and grow to resemble Christ more. You are not afraid to answer the difficult questions, and you always are so kind and Loving and never do you fail to accept me despite my cruelty and my failures. Really, I am not a very kind person, something that I am admittedly trying to work on, but you still Love me despite that, and whenever we talk, be it in bible study or hanging out or whenever, you honestly listen to what I want to say, not just to humor me, but because that is the type of person that you are, one of the reasons why I say that you a man cut from the highest cloth. You have experienced some deep pain and have seen your sin firsthand in your life, and it is that which allows you to Love as fiercely as you do. Will, you have been real kind and Loving to me all the time and I am so thankful that God has brought you to Santa Barbara this year. I hope for many more meals, many more laughs, many more moments with you, my friends, because you have been someone that I can rejoice or mourn with. Thank you. I pray that God continues to lead you down the most amazing path and that you Love Him more and more every passing day. I pray also that you continue to experience more His presence daily. Something that I have never told you: When you first told me that you were going to be in Taylor's bible study instead of mine, I made up my mind to be bitter towards you, a silly sin on my part. I am so thankful that God took that from me in its entirety and that ever since He did I have a special type of Love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment