Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 18, 2013

People: Nicola Park

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my old summer neighbor, Nicola Park. Nicola,I first met you on summer project, obviously, and we were always quite good friends on project. You were one of my closest friends on project, and always there for me to talk with and unload on. One of the things that I have always Loved about our friendship is that there has never really been any awkwardness between us; that was true on summer project and that has been just as true since. I could come to you with things that I was struggling with on project and things that were wearing on me. You are a woman who is bold and speaks her mind and that is a startling display of candor that I do not see often in women. You are not perfect, and very far from it, but your faith has always been one that is so very encouraging to me because of the freshness of it. You really Love Christ and that is evident from the way that you live your life. You are always looking to point others back to Christ, just like you have always done to me. I have been unbelievably blessed by our friendship and the way that you have been open with me always and even in the big gestures that you have done, like driving to visit me after summer project while I was staying at my mom's house. That meant so very much to me as I was in a place where I did not have community. Every time you have come to SB we have been able to reclaim our friendship and that speaks to how close we have always been. I have also felt like although I often fail and fall I have still been able to be a good brother to you, but please correct me if I am wrong. You are one of the few people that I know that is always quick to call me out if I am exhibiting the traits of a bad day or if I am pretty obliviously sinning. I guess that I am really just extremely thankful for how you have been consistent with me, starting from the very beginning and have been willing to accept me despite my sin. I appreciate that so very much, and it is a clear example of Christ's Love in my life. I pray that God continues to work out all things for your good and for His glory in your life. I also pray that He leads you and shows you what looking like Him really looks like. Something that I have never told you: You have always been one of my closest friends, ever since summer project, and your presence in my life therein has been very appreciated, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment