Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

People: Eric Stuhlmuller

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is only my second about a married man, Eric Stuhlmuller. Eric, my first memories of you are you leading worship at Real Life my freshmen year. You were one of my favorite people to worship under, just in the way that you lead. I remember when we got to know each other we would take these long walks at least once a week, talking about everything under the sun, just two tall guys walking up and down campus talking about life and food and everything in between. Those walks, which you had no obligation to partake in, were so impactful to me and a memory that I will literally have for the duration of my life. There was something about you, a senior guy soon to be graduating and going out of the country, just being intentional and making time for me that was so lasting in helping me feel Loved. It spoke to your character that you would do that, Eric, taking this little sophomore who wanted nothing more than to just get to know you, and letting me get to know you. We were never best friends, but the fact that you never had an obligation to pursue me, you were not my bible study leader, discipler, or anything like that, but the fact that you still did, you still made time for me, that was so real and Christlike to me, more than you could probably understand. I am utterly thankful for all of those walks and for the meals and for the relationship that we were able to develop through them. Now, you always want to know how I am honestly doing, and you are a man who shows me Love even from afar and in the little ways that are more important than the big ways. As someone who sometimes has a problem feeling Loved from people, I greatly appreciate all of the ways that you have shown Love to me, and in the way that you honestly, honestly want to know how I am doing. Thank you so much for that, Eric. I pray that God blesses your marriage and allows you the passions that have made you the man that you are. I also pray that you continue to pursue God and that He leads you to people who need your Love. Something that I have never told you: I just respect and look up to you a lot. Nothing more really needs be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment