Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 4, 2013

People: Trevor Crown

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my longest-tenured disciple, Trevor Crown. Trevor, I first met you at some point your freshmen year and I, as all do, immediately took to you. We hung out a few times that year, but it was not until last year that I had the grace of being able to disciple you, whatever that means. Honestly, it has been so much grace to do so. You were my first ever 'successful' discipleship, insofar as those classifications can even exist, and your constant encouragement of me as been something that has kept me going these past two years. I honestly brag about you to everyone, constantly talking about how much of a stud you are. When we first starting meeting, you were vague Trevor, but after seeing the way that I Love you, you began to open up and be yourself around me, and seeing that has been incredible for me. You are someone whom I have seen grow firsthand the past two years and I am so thankful that God has had grace on me to permit me to be intimately involved in the process. You are still a long ways away, as am I, but you have taken leaps and bounds in your faith over the years. You are a man that I honestly trust so much because I know your good nature. You are good stock, Trevor Crown. What is crazy is that I feel like right now you are one of the people that I can be most open with and one of the people that I miss the most when you are gone. You have a way about you that people will always Love you, but much more rarely will people really know you. However, this post is not about what I have done for you, it is about what you have done for me, how you have impacted me, and it is most likely more than you know. Your insistent encouragement has allowed me to be myself and have confidence in who I am everyday. Getting to disciple you, it has been more grace for me than you understand, and God has taught me so much about how ok it is for me to fail and how much grace there is when it happens. You are not just my disciple, you are one of my closest friends whom I respect a lot. You do not conform to any particular mold, but you Love Christ, that is clear. It is weird because I have already told you all of this, but I only want to tell you again. There is so much that you have done for me, in the way that you have bragged about me and in both the subtle and deep ways that you have encouraged me. I have seen that you Love me and am thankful for what I do for you and as someone who has trouble feeling Loved from people, I appreciate that so much more than I could ever say. Many times, d time with you turns around my day or week. I am so grateful that I get to continue to grow with you and live life with you as God continues to take you where He wants you to go. I pray that God takes you where He wants you to go, and strips you of all of the things in you that are still resembling Trevor and not Jesus. I also pray that you have a greater desire for Him to do so. Something that I have never told you: I always want to spend more time with you. I never feel that I get enough. Also, I am somewhat insecure about being a good discipler to you, but I continue to do what I have always done-Trust God knowing that I have nothing to offer you on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment