Total Pageviews

Monday, May 6, 2013

People: Kevin Thompson

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man who cares a lot about a lot, Kevin Thompson. KT, I was the first person you met when you moved to IV, and it was totally Jesus. I followed God's call in walking down dp, simply carrying my bible, and you followed God's call to approach me about it. You are a man who Loves Jesus, and I can say that with more confidence than I can with almost anybody else. I can say that with a good degree of certainty because I see that you Love not just the people easy to Love but you Love those on the outskirts, you are understanding as any man I know, gentle as a dove and yet joyful as a bee. You have this unique combination of traits that I when I really sit down and analyze things, it all equates to you looking quite a bit like Jesus, my friend. I think that I really cannot say enough about you and every time I get the joy and grace of spending time with you it reminds me of just how wonderful you are. You and I really pursued each other practically over the summer and since you have been back and in more ways than I could hope to tell you, KT, you are a man that I look up to and respect. You Love people far better than I love people and you pursue people with such a vigor and a constancy that I wish that I had. You are also very respectful and polite towards the people around you and that has spread so much the Love of Christ in this community. I've said it before and I will say it again: I Love the way that you pursue not just the popular but the unpopular. You have showed me what that looks like on a practical level, KT. I remember once going downtown with you and Lindsey to drop him off and just getting to spend some quality time with you. You are someone whom it is just very easy and enjoyable to be with and the way that you have embraced this community from the moment that you got here has been just beautiful and such a practical example of God' grace in my life and in the lives of many others as well. It also really impacted me when you wrote me a letter when you were leaving for summer. The kind words that you said still ring encouragement for me today. You have always been such a huge encouragement for me all the time, Kevin, and I will never forget the way that you live your life. One of my favorite nights this entire year was the last night before Christmas when I got to hang out with you on your first night back. You are a lovely individual. I pray that God continues to bless this community with your presence because it needs you here. I pray also that He continues to give you adequate pleasure and pursuits and I really thank my God that you will be here next year. Something that I have never told you: I really needed to see God that first summer day when we met and you approaching me was such a big part of that that day. Those few first moments with you will probably do a lot more for me than you or I will ever fully understand and it is beautiful in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment