Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

People: Amanda Chiang

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a real baller, Amanda Chiang. Amanda, this is one of the most difficult of these that I have had to do. I only have tons of respect for you, for the way that you Love and pursue people constantly, always giving yourself over to them. It is an encouragement to me to do the same. I have seen you endure through difficult times and through smooth, easy times and all the same you do not stop Loving, trusting in God. I felt so much Love from you freshmen year in the way that you actually paid attention to me and showed an interest in my life. That is something that I am not soon to forget. I had the grace this year of getting to know you much better than I had ever prior, and it is one of the reasons that I just think that Christ has blessed you with a beautiful soul and I see the way that you pour that outward from yourself. It is crazy to see how much you have grown and even blossomed over the past four years and the way that you have let God just shape and mold the woman that you are becoming. I am being honest when I say that I thank God for our friendship, I do. it has always been really cool to me the way that we can bond over basketball and Jesus. You have taught me a lot in four years here and shaped the way that I see several things. You Love people very well, and people look up to you and Love you so much. You are one of the most Loved people that I know, Amanda and that is evidenced in your facebook and the way that people Love you therein as well as the interactions that people have about you and the way that people talk about you. From these things it is clear that you have really had a deep impact on so many people here in SB. It is an encouragement to see someone who is just simply seeking to live the way that Jesus lives, and out of that having your life reflect it in the impact that you have had. You are a very beautiful spirit and you have this certain silliness about you, and I mean that in the best sense, not at all any offense meant by it in the least. It adds to who you are, showing that you do not take life too seriously. In the end, I am very thankful for the friendship that I have with you and the friendship that God has given me with you over the past four years. You have always been there for me, especially freshmen year when I really desperately needed to feel Loved. I pray that God so powerfully and wonderfully uses you while you are in Hawaii like He has while you have been here. I pray also that He is gracious to you in your support raising endeavors, and brings by people in your life who Love you for you. Something that I have never told you: I have frequently wondered why you are so dang Loved, especially freshmen year. This year, God has answered a small part of that question, but it still really sticks out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment