Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 11, 2013

People: Philippe Lazaro

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a true vagabond, Philippe Lazaro. Philippe, we have never been incredibly close but that alone fails to capture accurately the influence you have had in my life. You have a spirit and passions that are so similar to mine, with a fire and a desire to bless people that is so strong that it cannot be extinguished. I have seen you go above and beyond for the sake of blessing people, and that is an inspiration to me to do the same, or at least attempt to do so. You are a man who has a passion for the lost and for the needy, which is true of God as well. That all being said, I think one of the most beautiful qualities about you is that you do not take life too seriously. I mean that in the best possible way: you eat more slowly than most, content to live and thrive at your own pace; you insist that life conform to your pace and your passions, not the other way around, and it has been an outlet through which you have done some truly beautiful things. I am always excited to hear about your life because I see the beautiful things that you do, the way that you serve God and Love people in your own unique way. You are an extremely unique person and someone who has not only inspired me from afar through the actions that you do, but has also poured into me personally on a one-to-one basis. That has taken many different forms: tea time, which was always so beautiful and so needed. making flower tea and encouraging me to try some, having lunch with me on a come-what may walk. You always had this odd, unusual, yet oh so effective way about you of the way that you Love. You definitely do not conform to the pattern that this world insists you do, but in a most beautiful way. Philippe, I am a big fan of you, for your heart for international students, the way that you sacrificed to pursue and Love them, for your heart for the lost throughout the world, and for the way that you were and always are so intentional with people. It is so cool to see someone who knows what he believes, knows what he needs to do, and does it unashamedly. I pray that God continues to guide your passions and desires, and gives you the ability to follow through with these passions in your own unique way the way that He always has. I pray also that people the world over would be influenced by your unique brand of Loving people and really be transformed by how powerful it is. Something that I have never told you: I always thought that we could have been closer based on how similar our passions and hearts are. It is always encouraging to see you whenever, wherever.

No comments:

Post a Comment