Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

People: Jessica Williams

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about Smiley, Jessica Williams. Jess, I first met you on summer project, obviously. You were a delight to be friends with during those weeks. You are this passionate, small girl who always had energy and always Loved well. You continually pointed me back to Jesus and reminded me that my insecurities, worries, and fears have already been conquered. You were the first and mostly only person to partner with me in feeding homeless people, evidence of your heart. And that is the thing about you that really stuck out to me, Jessica, your heart. You Love weak people who have no voice, you are passionate about reaching out to people who would not otherwise be reached out to, you Love the meek. You showed me a good deal about what it actually looks like to truly Love God, truly step out in faith, truly chase after God with everything that I possibly could give to Him. These things have stuck with me and even as I sit down writing this, trying to think through all of the things that you have taught me, it occurs to me how much of pursuing Jesus, Loving and giving everything to Him you taught me, not just through your words, although that was part of it, but through your devotion, your personality, and just the way that you acted. These things were and continue to be groundbreaking for me. Even your excitement, evidence of the joy of Christ in you, was an example of the way that you selflessly let God work through you to bless others. As for our relationship, you showed a lot of Love to me, Jessica, more than I ever did or could tell you. I made a lot of mistakes on project, but you were lovingly willing to look past all of those to be friends with me and always Love me. We have similar hearts, and I could tell that from the beginning, and you always took care of me when i had bum ankles, which was the beginning of our friendship. You took extra care, showing extra doses of Love and I always felt close to you after that. I was just a shy kid back then who was being sanctified into a leader but who was not one yet. You showed me a good deal of what being a leader actually looks like. You taught me so much on project and showed so much to me Jessica, not just lessons, but Love. Smiley is the perfect name for you because you were always a ray of light to me in a time when I needed light in my life. You showed me what that looks like. Thank you so much. I pray that God gives me the grace of continuing our friendship as you return from overseas. I also pray that God shows you the depth of His Love and presence and that you experience those things so much more so than you ever have before. Something that I have never told you: You give really great hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment