Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

People: Hank Stoeckmann

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a lovely little freshmen, Hank Stoeckmann. Hank, I first met you at a starbucks social earlier at the beginning of this year. You were a freshmen from FT and I was a senior trying to meet freshmen. We have had a long and illustrious relationship ever since then and I have plenty to say to you. You are a stud. I have seen you grow and change throughout this year, from when I saw you at the corner store buying candy at the beginning of this year, to just this week of hanging out and watching you be kidnapped. You have been a force in my life most notably in the area of encouragement. You have often informed me that I have contributed to you feeling Loved this year, at times when I have needed to hear it the most. You have showed me a lot of what encouragement actually is by giving it to me generously and freely, and I do not readily forget that. Additionally, our relationship has a distinct arc that I can follow very readily, and I have seen our relationship grow and twist with time, but always resulting in something ultimately beautiful. I like to think that I have helped you and loved you through your first year of college and have been a good friend to you but in all honesty I feel very insecure that that is actually the case. Nonetheless, it has been a joy to me to see your heart see that you have your values at least preliminarily in the right place. You have passed me into the dinning commons a couple times, one of the easiest ways to show Love to me. I thoroughly enjoyed our pillow talk at men's retreat and how long it lasted. I always enjoy seeing you, hugging you, and just talking life with you. You are not perfect, Hank, and I appreciate that you understand that and do not profess to be perfect but you adamantly try to be closer to Jesus. Do not ever lose that spirit about you, my boy. You are a man whom I have had the grace of witnessing grow, but what is more, I have had the joy of growing with you and experiencing life with you. You have been a grace to the movement that I have such a passion for as well, and have through this first year, endured through the tough and the easy. You endured through trying to figure out housing, through experiencing the stress of being a BotA captain, through suffering and internal struggles. But I have alwso seen you enjoy the little moments; continue to do so. I pray that God gives you a heart radically on fire for Him and a personality that does not take life too seriously. I pray also that you press into Him, all the time, do not ever stop, and the out of that He gives you a sweet balance. Something that I have never told you: I honestly wish that I could have done more for you this year. I do hope that I can do so next year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment