Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 23, 2013

People: Eddy Monge

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a Salvadorian, Eddy Monge. Eddy, I remember when I first met you at a destino main meeting near the beginning of sophomore year. I had been going pretty consistently freshmen year, but meeting you there my sophomore year was a real treat. You always made me feel welcomed even though I am not Hispanic and you provided me with something so invaluable: friendship. You are and have been a friend to me, Eddy, with the way that you have been open with letting me into your life and how you feel about things. You are one of the most unique individuals that I know, but I mean that in the best way. I have seen you grow so much throughout these years, and it has really been sweet for me to see you grow and evolve into a man. I have seen you mature so much through these years, going from a very baby Christian into a man in many senses of the word. You have let Christ transform you and I have had the grace of being a witness to that. You have always Loved me, Eddy, no matter how often our paths cross, you always get such a big smile when you see me, and it is clear to me that you get joy from seeing me. That is something that I am often unsure of in people, but I cherish it with all of me. You were someone that I also got to share a couple of classes with, and you always freaked out more than I did, but it was still so sweet having someone that loved me so much to study with. I really have a lot of love for you, Eddy, going back to our days of eating and enjoying destino together, evidenced by the picture in this post. I had to include you in this project because I can honestly say about you that I do not know how I would have gotten through college without you. You have been if nothing else kind to me and I am so very appreciative for that. Thank you for being such a brother to me throughout these years, Eddy, and for loving me in a way that only you can, in a way that made me feel honestly cherished. I cherish you and our friendship and it has been so crucial to me to walk and grow with you. You are someone whom I feel like I have not grown in front of or behind but honestly alongside. Ultimately Eddy, I am simply very thankful for your friendship in my life and the way that you have always loved me. I pray that God continues to strengthen you and bring you closer into His presence. I pray also that you flourish and thrive in LA next year as you continue to grow as a Jesus lover and as a man. Something that I have never told you: Most of the above. But also there was a period when I wondered why you walked away from leadership in Destino, but I understand it a lot better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment