Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

People: Colette Cabaniss

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a youngin, Colette Cabaniss. Colette, when I first met you I think that it was at tea time last year and you certainly were new to everything. I did not know anything about you beyond you being Meredith's sister and I really did not know what to think of you. I was not totally enamored that you were at a male-dominated event. However, over last summer we moved into the plex together and I saw God take you to places that you had never been before. I saw you one night at the bottom of the stairs with tears in your eyes and I decided to stop and talk with you, and it marked the beginning of a very beautiful friendship that I cherish to this day. You were honest with me about what was going on in your heart, why you were crying, and what was weighing heavy on you. You let me into your life, and that is such a prerequisite for my friendship with someone. Since then you have been like a little sister to me, always there fore me when I need someone to talk with. It is clear, left without a doubt inside my mind, that you honestly Love me and that is something that I can be sure of. You have shown me what being friends with a younger sister in Christ really looks like and how I can be open with someone without fear, and seeing you even pursue me in times when I wanted to be open with you. You are also someone whom I could joke around with and that has been grace to, getting to make you laugh. Colette, you are someone who is so full of life and being around you so much this year has been just pure joy for me. You have pointed me towards Christ so much more than you know, in not only your words but your actions as well. I have seen you grow from someone who does not know Christ at all, to someone who is firmly grounded in Him and a woman of principles. I have known you for only about a year, but you have blessed me so much with you life and your time and even consistently caring about me and affirming me in the way that you have and as much as you have. I never hesitate to call you a sister, that is for certain because you have been like a surrogate little sister to me in the time that you have been here. I hope that I can continue to bless you in the similar fashion to how much you have blessed me. I pray that God continues to bless you in the way that I nor anybody else really can. I pray also that God continues to show you more and more parts of His heart and leads you by His Spirit to a way that will bring more glory to Jesus. Something that I have never told you: I feel like you have grown not just in Christ, but in maturity as well this year. It has been a delight to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment