Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Psalm 86

"You seem pensive," said my good friend to me as he drove me home from a BBQ. It was then that I divulged to him what was going on in my head over the past day. Please, allow me to back this post up and begin it by saying that no matter what, my heart is rejoicing today. I have a God who is so much bigger than my situation and forever foresees each of my situations and always works for my good. If that is true, which I firmly believe that it is, I have no reason for anything by rejoicing. However, do not mistake what I am about to say either, these truths by no means mean that life is always going to be easy. On the contrary, it simply means that there is still reason to rejoice throughout the difficulty. And today I felt that difficulty as I viewed my bank account last night and saw a significantly lower amount, 15$ish, than I ever imagined I would have. Couple that with still having a swollen, sore ankle, having affections for a woman that I cannot now pursue, and not having a car to assist me in it all, and it feels like the deck is somewhat stacked against me right now. However, upon praying and processing it is the case that I realized the truths of Psalm 86. It is a psalm, a prayer, a song of David, and a beautiful one. Reading its truths and letting those truths wash over me did not make it better, but the reality that they spoke to me did. I have a God, slow to anger, abounding in Love and Faithfulness. I have a God who is unable to let me go, who will never leave nor forsake me. When I am with that King, the odds are forever in my favor. The most powerful God works for my good, the warrior King is protecting, providing for, and perfecting me. He will not let me see harm. His power is made perfect in weakness, which means this summer His power is going to be perfected over and over to me. He is the perfect, powerful King, and I have every reason to trust Him as He has proved Himself over and over. There is literally nothing I have to doubt, absolutely no reason. He is my best friend, my father, my groom, my savior, my King. I know that I can conquer every mountain, and I rest in that truth now. So, despite the realization of it seeming like the deck is stacked against me, I need not forget that I AM created the deck and the game. He has given me support meetings, encouraging. He has given me support, bountifully. He has taken me through every step of life throughout 22 years, this is simply one more. I Love my God. I also love the people He has put here in my life to Love and bless and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment