Total Pageviews

Friday, May 17, 2013

People: Charyse Betts

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. Don't get this post twisted, Charyse Betts. Charyse, your name means grace and that is exactly what you were and are in my life. I met you on project and you had an immediate impact in my life, constantly encouraging me and always making me laugh. At a time when I still very heavily struggled with who I was and my identity, you were a constant source of light in my life. The thing is, that continued even after we left project and has continued up until today. We do not talk often but when we do it brings me so much joy. A lot of people here in Santa Barbara encouraged me and have encouraged me a lot and on summer project I began to wonder if I was simply a product of the system, but I met you and you encouraged me on so much that it convinced me that I was worthy of the words that people gave to me, the little and the large. You are a woman who Loves well and a woman who is able to stand on her own two feet, a rare occurrence at any rate. That is one thing that I think of when I think of you, that you are truly a woman, and one who loves Christ and really does so much for Him at all times. I do not expect that life is always going to be easy, it often is not, but you made my life significantly better while I was on project and even ever since. I always said that you were one of the people that impacted me the most that summer and that has bled over into you being one of the people that have impacted me the most throughout college over the past four years. Your laugh simply brought so much joy to me and made me enjoy life so much more. I was able to make you laugh and I was incredibly thankful for that. The thing that I really liked about you is that it seemed that the longer that project went on, the closer it seemed that we became. You have so many good and beautiful traits within you, Charyse, that I do not have the time to fully go into. You are a woman that I would hope would be in my life no matter what stage of life I was at because you exuded a certain grace that you gave to others with a striking constancy. Ultimately, Charyse, I am so very thankful to have met you over the last four years and I am certain that God knew what He was doing when He put us both on that porject together because you were always someone that it was so easy to talk with about anything and everything. I pray that God uses you no matter what your next stage of life is, that He continues to take care of and provide for you, and that you experience a depth of His presence that you never have before. Something that I never told you: For some reason because of my own sin when I first met you on project I did not have the highest opinion of you. That quickly changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment