Total Pageviews

Monday, May 20, 2013

People: Ian Amunrund

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man who Loves the attention, Ian Amunrund. Ian, you are a man that I am more than glad to be able to call my brother and my friend. Freshmen year and sophomore year you showed so much Love to me than I could ever say. I remember at sophomore retreat you were my saving grace and I hung out with you for much of it. I have seen distinct growth in you throughout these past four years and it has been so exciting. I have witnessed passion but also perseverance from you, commitment, but also an unwillingness to quit. You are an undeniably silly man, but your silliness has brought so much joy to me. You have taught me a lot as well. You taught me so much about what Loving God looks like and also about what making disciples, and being faithful therein looks like. I went through a period last year when, because of my own sin, I did not really want to be around you, but I am so thankful that you approached me one day at reality about it and we were able to reconcile. At the time, I did not realize what was happening but I am so thankful for that day and how it repaired our relationship and gave back to me a good friend and brother. Since then I have again been able to enjoy the person that you are, I got to lead on the same team as you last summer and then again on lead team this year and in doing so I was able to witness your leadership style and they exact way in which you chase after people. Please, never stop doing that. I want to continue to see you grow and be shaped by God but if there is one thing that I have seen in you, Ian, it is an utter willingness to allow God to shape you, to allow Him to tweeze out all of the ugly parts in you and replace them with beautiful parts. I know that this year has not been entirely easy for you and by my own admittance, I have not been a brother to you in the ilk that you have needed, but at least I have been given the grace of spending some time with you as a neighbor. I am so thankful that you have been a part of my college experience, Ian, and especially my first two years I am at a loss as to what I would have done without you. Who knows if I would have even ever gotten involved with a community that has embraced me, because I always felt so comfortable with you, and that I am so thankful for. I pray that God continues to guide your steps and leads you with His right hand. I pray that He aligns your desires with His and then grants you those desires. Something that I have never told you: I used to be intimidated by how passionately you worshiped. Now it is something beautiful that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment