Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 12, 2013

People: Ariel Bournes

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man who is always open, Ariel Bournes. Ariel, I first really got to know you last year after the summer and I have really enjoyed every minute of our friendship. You have always been exceptionally loving to me for no real reason. You are a man who teaches: you teach other people explicitly as well as implicitly, through your actions as well as through your words. You and I have more similar hearts, I am starting to notice, than either of us really quite understands, I think; we both have real hearts to reach the lost and the poor and the broken and the needy. I see that in you, and I have seen how God has given that to you in increasing measure. It has been real grace having you in my life over the past two years to play ball with, to laugh with, to talk ball with, to talk Jesus with, and just to have around. There are many times that I can think of that are indicative of the type of friendship that we have: playing ball over thanksgiving break last year against some little kids, watching 'The Other Guys' really randomly one day at the Love dungeon and talking about girls afterward, having a conversation this year on the court about cheating on your wife and all that that entails. Our conversations, no matter what the content or duration, frequently make me think and perpetuate my Love for Jesus. It has been exciting being your friend and you have helped me a long at several crucial junctures and introduced me to several people that I have cherished as well. I am a huge fan of how dedicated you are to so many things-Jesus, basketball, impact, pursuing people, growing closer in your knowledge of God. I hope that my relationship with you only ever continues because there has been a lot of grace in it over the years. People can say what they want about you, but God has given me the ability to discern your heart and that has been coool. We've also been able to work out our differences, although they have been few, strikingly well, and that example has set for me what it looks like to pursue reconciliation. I aso really enjoyed being a groomsmen with you in Jake's wedding this year; having you there to talk with helped a lot. Ultimately, although we are not the best of friends, you are a man that I am proud to call a friend, and I do not hesitate to do so. You are and have been a friend to me, Ariel and have showed me more Love the more I think about it. I am increasingly thankful for that. I pray that God continues to take you closer into His presence, teaches you more about Him and His heart, and continues to align your heart with His. Something that I have never told you: Your consistent Love last year came at a very crucial time for me and I am so very thankful for that. I never really told you, but I cherish your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment