Total Pageviews

Friday, May 17, 2013

People: Danny Philips

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about another tall man I Love, Danny Philips. Danny, I first met you our freshmen year while taking the freshmen class BotA pic, not sure if you remember that or not. Ever since then, I have been able to see first hand your character and the type of man that you are. Most of all, when I think of you the word that comes to mind is caring. You are an extremely caring person, who seeks out others' good above your own and it is a beautiful thing to see. I feel like so much of what you have done over the past few years, Danny, has been to bring people together and cultivate relationships, that is just how you think. I have Loved every single one of our times on the basketball court together, but I have Loved every single one of our times off of the court as well. You are a man that I respect because you have proved yourself respectable. You are beautiful, Danny because of the way that earthly things are just tools to you, tools that can bless others, not worth pursuing in their own right. That is, I believe, the total and correct attitude to have in life. You are also an engineer so the fact that you have been able to do al of this and the fact that, so far as I can tell from the conversations that we have had, you are not wrapped up completely in money. You have also always given me someone with whom to discuss basketball and cultivate my passion, and I really appreciate that. To me you have been a brother over the past few years and it is not like we have been best friends, but you have shown that caring about people, and I am among them, and that has been grace in my life. It is enjoyable your outlook on life, the way that you do not take life too seriously, but you enjoy life so much. That has rubbed off on me in more ways than you could know. You have a silliness that has occasionally gotten on my nerves, like when you insist on playing knockout instead of basketball, but there is such beauty in how you use that silliness as well. You have such a bright future in front of you and it has been such a sweet thing having a friend throughout college who is so tall and that I can relate with so well. I also am a fan about how you are selfless with your things and about how you manage to plan events for people. I Pray that God continues to grow your heart for the things that break His, that He leads you down sweet, euphoric paths in your life. I pray that no matter when you would draw closer to Him through any and every situation that you go through in life. Something that I have never told you: I really do see you as a brother and look up yoyou in the way that you spend your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment