Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 31, 2013

People: Jonathan Flores

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about the most encouraging man that I know, Jonathan Flores. J-Flo, you are the most encouraging man that I have ever known, especially to me. I am not really sure exactly how we met, but I got to know you well my sophomore year, and you are a man of clout and one of the most upstanding men that I have had the privilege and the grace of knowing in my lifetime. You always had a smile on your face when you saw me and you were always genuinely interested in how I was doing and in the type of life that I was leading. You have been a blessing to know in my life in the way that you included me in so much and in the way that you were intentional in pursuing me. There is a subtle way that you Loved me, and in some way you still do. I know that you still do Love me in the important ways and that each of us are still on the minds of the other. Your words were beauty to my heart, J-Flo. The truth is that because I am encouraging in how I use my words, I have always needed the words that you have very intentionally picked out to restore my soul and reinforce me. Your words have been glory to my soul, in very important ways. There has always been so much beauty and grace and even forgiveness in our relationship. It is a fact that it is truly inspiring the way that you have been an influence in my life, always pointing me to the heart of Christ. You are and have been an arrow, J-Flo, directing me right towards the heart of Christ. I have needed that as I have poured myself out to the community of IV. Additionally, the way that you have a heart for prayer has inspired me and shown me the necessity thereof. Ultimately, J-Flo you are a man after God's own heart and simply the way that you live has encouraged me to be a better person. I pray that God continues to pour into you and transform you so that you look more like Him. I also pray that He leads you to the cross and allows others to be transformed through His presence in your life. Something that I have never told you: You were always an inspiration to me J-Flo, and you were one of the hardest people for me to see leave SB.

No comments:

Post a Comment