Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2013

7 Days of Baking: Day 4-Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes

I've been inconsistent. I apologize. '7 days of baking' has turned into a quarter's worth. Thus, thank you for your patience, reader. This entry is on cinnamon roll cupcakes. I've has the pleasure of making these a couple of times now. Cinnamon rolls are fairly tedious to make, what with the rolling, the rising, rinsing, and repeating. However, they are delicious. Because of this, I have taken to making cinnamon roll-flavored items, like cake, cupcakes, etc. These are those cupcakes, and they are as good as they sound. The recipe can be found over at bakingdom. This recipe is in several parts: the cinnamon swirl, the batter, the coffee icing, and the cream cheese frosting. Because of this, I have always left out the coffee icing. I'm not a huge fan of coffee flavored things, although the taste has been growing on me, so I have always left it out. The rest of the recipe is absolutely amazing though and topped with cream cheese frosting, which is divine, these are wonderful. The nice thing about these cupcakes is they do not have to turn out perfectly to be delicious; my batter was super thick and I nearly ran out low on the cinnamon swirl because I doubled the recipe. These turn out great no matter what though and people love the taste of cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon swirl is delicious and I could literally eat it out of the bowl until I get fat forever. Again, I've never tried this recipe with the coffee icing, so I cannot comment on that, but I really do not have any qualms with this recipe otherwise. I give it literally 5 out of 5 cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment