Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 23, 2013

People: Jordan Marshall

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a Loving man, Jordan Marshall. Jordan, you were the first person ever in my life outside of my family to show me a glimpse of what unconditional Love looks like. This entire post will be an explication of that. I met you freshmen year, a goofy, blond-haired kid with a lip ring as you came to my door to follow up on a survey card that I did without thinking twice. Never would I have imagined on that day that I would be meeting one of my best friends. For four years you have tirelessly poured your life into me, never ceasing to pursue me no matter what, and leaving room for me to blatantly open and honest with you. Jordan, I mean it from the bottom of my heart when I say that nobody has ever or perhaps will ever pursue me in the way that you have for as long as you have. No matter how much I messed up, how far I fell, how guilty I felt, how insecure, how afraid, there was never any doubt in my mind that you would still Love me and accept me and, in a true picture of what unconditional Love practically and positionally actually is, think no differently of me because of it. For years, the best hour of my week every week was spending discipleship with you, where you always made room for me to be open. I can say with honesty and full certainty that I Love God, my God, my Jesus, so much more because I have known you. You were the first person to ever just tell me plainly and neatly what the Gospel is. If I did not do my homework, if I was tired, you still Loved me and pushed me, and challenged me. It was one of my greatest honors to be in your wedding this past year and it is so sweet to see how God has blessed you with one amazing woman. Jordan, there has never been anything that I for any reason have been afraid to tell you, and you might be the only person that I can say that for. You have given me the most quality advice over the past four years and I value your opinion over that of anybody else's, truly. To me at least, you have represented more of what Jesus is, with your steady, never-flinching pursuit of me, the subtle way that you have always pointed me back to Him, the grace that you have always showed me, the ways that you have allowed me to grow and have known exactly what I have needed in any and every situation, than anybody else has or possibly could. I pray that God never takes His hand from you, Jordan, from your marriage and your aspirations, as I know that they are from Him. And I pray that God always grants me the grace of having you in my life. Something that I have never told you: I have learned a lot from your leadership style, and we had a super hard conversation freshmen year in which you called me out on a lot of things and although I did not like it at the time, I am so thankful that you told me the things that needed to be said. There is so much more I could say, Jordan, but I want to make this a reasonable length. I Love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment