Total Pageviews

Monday, March 25, 2013

People: Ian Charbonnet

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man who loves his music, Ian Charbonnet. Ian, our friendship goes all the way back to fall quarter of freshmen year and you have always been someone who I have been friends with ever since then. You are probably the only person I know who has a heart for worship comparable to mine. There are multiple times I remember it just being us two, worshiping together, be it in the prayer shed, at the steps of the beach, or wherever. Not only that, but freshmen year you seemed to be committed to me meeting other people and getting introduced and connected with people. I have never forgotten that and the way that you did not allow me to sit by myself at a real life meeting in the back, the way that I always wanted to. We are not as close now as then, but I have always looked up to you in one fashion or another, and I believe that our strengths and weaknesses compliment each other extremely well. Additionally, you have blessed the movement of RL so much in our four years here in ways that I don't fully know and nobody fully sees. You have been grace and a refuge (no pun intended) to so many throughout so much, whether it be through your worship, or getting people connected in various ways. I see such a heart of praise within you, and a heart of encouragement, something most people do not give you credit for. Well, here's credit where credit is due. Despite everything you have always been someone that I have been able to talk with and be open with, and even who has been able to understand my philosophically-oriented mind. You were actually huge, though you do not know it, in getting me to start going to church after freshmen year. You've also introduced me to a lot of worship songs that I really appreciate now. There has and will continue to be a whole lot of Love in our relationship, as evidenced by our facebook 'friendship'. I pray that God continues to grow your heart for Him and for Worship, true worship, and continues to help you understand what that means and looks like. I also pray that God brings by a woman for you and sticks out how special she is in your mind. Something that I have never told you: I think your genuine in person, very much so, but sometimes when speaking in front of people you have a tendency to come off as fake or rehearsed. Again, I know you in person and have seen who you really are so take that for what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment