Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

People: Michael Hiney

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a man bigger than all others, Michael Hiney. Hiney, I Love you so much. I first met you a few years ago now, and you stuck out, as I'm sure you do to most people, because of your size. I did not really get the grace of spending a lot of time with you my freshmen year, however leading a bible study the next year drove us together and set a precedent in my mind for how bible study leaders are supposed to Love each other. You encouraged me more than perhaps any other single person, ever, always being open and encouraging me in the little ways. You taught me so much as a bible study leader, with your consistency and devotion to our study that was never ever wavering. Those lessons, unspoken and spoken, have lasted through today and has allowed me to teach others that have less experience in leading a study. Your faith was is incredible and you played such an integral role in transforming me from a boy into a man. You pursued me, having dinner with me, and always being willing to just hang out and share laughs and lives together. I felt totally free to share anything with you that year and it was such an incredible relationship that bled over into our bible study. I will always Love you, Hiney, you have been like a big brother to me. You have a disposition and personality to match your size, always looking to not take life too seriously. You showed me what it was to walk passionately and yet confidently with Jesus, teaching me so many important lessons in the process. The ironic thing is that you have continued to teach me about what life after college looks like even as we are apart, in gentle ways. You also taught me a lot about what it is to be physically large and still gentle. Our relationship was and has been beautiful ever since, and I treasure every single moment that I get to spend with you. I pray that God continues to bless your relationship with Angelica and lead you in your life. I also pray that God continues to teach you as much as you have taught me. Something that I have never told you: I was actually pretty intimidated to learn that I was leading a bible study with you those years ago. Your faith and wisdom I leaned on so heavily, more so than you probably realize and I am extremely thankful and would not have rather lead with anybody else this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment