Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 28, 2013

People: Andrew Fuller

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about the most humble man that I have ever known, Andrew Fuller. Fuller, I was first introduced to you by Nick Brown when you were subletting from him a few years back. You were just Nick's subletter back then, but I am so glad that that is not all you were. God has given me such grace in that I have been able to get to know you and your beautiful character over the past few years. You are the most humble person that I think I have ever known. That comes out not just in your actions, serving in areas you do not have to and in surrender using the blessings that God has given you to Love others, but also in the way that you talk with me, always an assurance that you care about me as a person, not because you have to but because you simply Love me. I do not see that very often, and that impacted me so much. You have this quiet sentiment about you that is so admirable, the way that you refuse to conform to patterns that you know are wrong, but sick strictly to Jesus. You have blessed so many with just your personality and the way that you honestly Love people. It was not as if you were always pursuing me, but you did not have to; you were there for me when I needed someone like you, and I am so very thankful for that. People will always lean on you because of your personality, but because of the quality of character that you have, I know that you are not adverse to that, simply putting others before yourself, a picture of Christlike attitude. Fuller, I do not have a bad thing to say about you, I honestly would not be able to think of anything. You are just a stand up man who it is clear that God has transformed. That character has been so refreshing and so loving to so many, me included. The way you selflessly drive people, let people use your truck, the way you have cooked and cleaned at men's retreat the past two years, the way you played the drums in Real Life so often, those are all images of humility. I have never ever heard you complain about anything, and that is astounding considering how much you do. I Love you man, and I just hope that God continues to cross our paths over and over. I pray that God continues to lead you to people who need you, and gives you a woman who can help you in the way you deserve. I also pray that He continues to transform your character even more so. Something that I have never told you: I was so incredibly thankful for the way you drove me to Jordan's bachelor party AND wedding. I did not have much money at the time, and you did not ask for any. Thank you so much Fuller. I have always had such great times in your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment