Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 21, 2013

People: Michael McSpadden

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This begins where it need begin, with Michael McSpadden. Michael, You were really my first friend at UCSB. You taught me that it was ok who I am, that I needn't change to be loved. We got along so well, and even now I have a special type of warm feeling when I think of you and think of all of the times that we have had together. Everything from our theft of 'wet floor' signs, our getting in trouble for playing chess in class, our prompt 'dinner at 5', and of course the Brusutti plagiarism scandal, I loved it all. Here was this strange guy from a city named Paradise, and our friendship took off. You defended me and I defended you. I still regret not just abandoning it all and moving into your sister's old place with you after freshmen year. I still wish that we would have lived together every other year because despite whomever else might ever be my roommate, I will always introduce you as my roommate. You set the standard for what a roommate should be in my mind, and it is only fitting that we had the hangout room for much of freshmen year, as people got a glimpse into what the relationship between you and I was like. You accepted me for all of my failures and idiosyncrasies, and I, you. No matter hoe much or how little we talk, and no matter what paths our lives take, I will always think of you as one of my closest friends. The simple fact of the matter is that I can tolerate being around you so much more than most and that I can forgive you much more easily than I can anybody else. Every time I think of you or see you I just get a huge smile on my face because you bring me so much joy. You are going to be famous one day for sure as you are so ambitious and auspicious and I know that you are destined for greatness. I truly hope that someday soon we will be able to live in the same room again, waking up to the sight of each other. You are silly, and busy, and hard to get a hold of at times, and I Love you so much for who you are, faults and all. You have made such an impact in my life, and I will not forget it. I pray that God continues to bless your endeavors, based if on nothing else, then on how much you have blessed me, and that you give Him a chance. Something I've never told you: I was very insecure coming into college, and pretty down on myself. Having a roommate that so readily accepted me was huge in helping me come out of my shell and have a healthy social life. Well, Michael there is so much more that I could say about you, but just know that I Love you, that I always will, and that you mean so much more to me than almost all other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment