Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 30, 2013

People: Daniel Santos

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about one of the loudest, sassiest men I know, Daniel Santos. Daniel, where do I even begin. I think that I first met you through community team when you would mix up Melton and me. You have played such a big part in my life ever since, in oh so many ways. You are someone who has been a rock for me, always at Real Life events, at summer project, during breaks, you were just a man who was around, like me. Our relationship has grown out of that, but we have still pursued each other. I can say that I do not think anyone other than your closest friends understand you quite like I do. The simple fact is that you Love people, you do, so much more so than most. I think that what is so interesting is that you do not conform your love to fit a particular mold, even if there is pressure on you to do so, you continue to Love in a way that only you can. You have given me so many rides throughout these past few years, never complaining in the least. You have always been someone who has encouraged me, even if it is through being sassy; yes, that is and has been encouraging. You are someone that I have felt like I have honestly gorwn with throughout the years. I had the grace of discipling you for a month on summer project, and so often you say exactly what I am thinking. You always speak unashamedly, not caring what most people think of you, speaking your mind at all times. That is a trait that I wish that I could boast but simply do not have. You always have such Loving hings to say to me, and others, they just do not know it. Even last year, always just coming over to your place as a spot of refuge and refreshing, sometimes that meant playing call of duty, sometimes that meant talking about deep stuff, sometimes that meant going to taco bell. Of course, I cannot talk about the impact that you have had on me without recourse to Tea Time. That once a week multi-hour splurge of silliness is exactly what I needed throughout spring quarter last year, and it set a precedent of brotherhood for me. Really Daniel, your longevity and the way that you have stuck around has meant more to me than I could ever say and even as I write this it helps me to realize how much I really do Love you a lot. There are so many times looking back that I am so glad that I could be a part of certain aspects of your life and am so glad that you have been a part of aspects of mine. Having you as a summer project roommate was incredibly helpful in the way that you encouraged me and pushed me in looking for a job, in getting around with a hobbled ankle, and even in so many shared experiences (Caryn!!!!). I think back on that summer and feel Loved, I think on sophomore year and feel Loved, I think on last year and feel Loved, I think on this year and feel Loved. Ultimately, Daniel it is your longevity and willingness to stick around and be a force in my life for so long that has impacted me in more ways that many. I pray that God continues to give you a passion for med school and grants you the grace of continual good friendships. I pray that he continues to lead you to people that you can disciple in ways that you do not even realize, and continues to give you a heart for men younger than yourself. Something that I have never told you: I have the utmost respect for you in the way that you have lead a bible study and community team this year when you have no real obligation to. Your continual desire to pour out has been a shinning light in this community, and it will continue to shine no matter where you go for the impact that you have made on so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment