Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 31, 2013

People: Ben Huang

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about my dear asian friend, Ben Huang. Ben, I cannot begin to say enough about you, my friend. I met you last year and you have shown me what Love is. From tea time to freebirds, you have given me an example of what Love is. During tea time, your willingness to be silly and yet clearly vulnerable and open at the same time was incredibly endearing. You have bought me dinner when I have had no money so many times. You have been willing to just sit with me through whatever, and something that I think that you do better than anybody else is rejoicing with those who rejoice and mourning with those who mourn. You have done so on many occasions withe me, and I know that that is clearly indicative of your character. You often are silly and ignorant of our culture, but through that I have seen your willingness to sacrifice for the kingdom of God, and so much so I have seen in you a heart that is so thankful and grateful for your resources that you consider them God's and not your own. You have been such a good friend to me in so many ways, and have been a gigantic blessing to me in the process. You have met me where I am at and have been willing to pursue me and do what I enjoy in addition to what you enjoy. We have had many long conversations over freebirds and other dinners and I consider you a brother on a very deep level. It's kind of crazy the relationship that God has given me the grace of sharing with you. You are of the highest character, Ben, and I really mean that. There have been times where I have been overwhelmed by people and with this life and have turned to you, and you in turn have been an example of how Jesus would treat me in just such a situation. I cherish every mean and every opportunity that I get to share with you, and anybody who has spent or who spends any time with you will only verify your character. There is just such a grace in knowing you, Ben, the ilk of which I do not often experience with many other people. One of my favorite memories was hanging out with you this past Christmas break in LA in a time when I greatly missed SB people, you showed me Love by driving to me and meeting me where I was at and hanging out with me. Ultimately, your faithfulness and my ability confide in you have been enormous blessings throughout these past couple years, and even just nerding out with you about comics and such, that has been grace to me. I pray that God continues to give me the grace of knowing you and being intimate friends with you like I have had the grace of being these past two years. I pray also that God continues to grow you in new, vibrant ways, and turns you into the leader that I see in you. Something that I have never told you: I felt somewhat heartbroken when you told me that you did not feel pursued except by Bryce for a good portion of last year, especially because I see the way that you pursue people now. Also, I do not feel that people treat you as you deserve for who you are and what you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment