Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 24, 2013

People: Bryce Soltes

I'm a senior, my last quarter in college. There are a lot of people who have made a major impact in my life over the past four years and I want to make sure that I tell them how much I Love them. This space is for that, to tell people what I really think, how much I really Love them, while holding nothing back. I'm going to try and do two a day this quarter, making sure to get at least 100 people in. This post is about a silly nerd, like myself, Bryce Soltes. Bryce, I first met you at IVC actually, Jordan introduced me to you and you had a popped blood vessel in your eye. Here you were this guy a year older than me; little did I know that I would have more classes with you than with anybody else. We sat in many lectures and study sessions together, and outside of Nick and Jordan you were the first upperclassmen to pursue me. We were silly together, we were nerdy together; nobody else even approached my level of nerdiness. Throughout it all, you Loved me, and this was clear. I can think back to so many little instances that proved your Love for me. Whether it was driving me somewhere (like the avengers' midnight premiere), buying me freebirds after a study session, sitting in Wilkins' class, passing the book back and forth, introducing me to so many other people, like PK and Zac Hamstra, being there for many when girls said 'no', and always opening up your home and heart to me. You were one of the first people I ever shared my faith with, and I remember last year how bummed I was not to be in your bible study. You have always showed me so much Love in so many different ways, it was never something that I doubted, and I think that you are one of the few people who had a heart like I did for real life in your time here. I remember when you took a picture of me during paparazzi my freshmen year, and believe it or not, that really did a lot for helping me feel accepted and like I mattered. You also gave me so much wisdom and guidance through it all, being a beacon of maturity in a community that really needed you more than you needed it. The more I type and think of it, the more I am able to recall even more of the little moments, or even just you being silly and how that was an encouragement for me to be silly. Really, I have nothing negative at all to say about you, Bryce, and you have pursued me for so long even through a constantly shifting and maturing relationship. I pray that God continues to use you in the time that you are oversees, and gives you direction as you return. I also pray that you continue to fall more deeply in Love with Him, and that He continues to give others the same grace in knowing you that I had. Something that I have never told you: I always felt that the reason you needed to study so much was that you always played iphone games in class. But it always gave me entertainment and ultimately you graduated.

No comments:

Post a Comment